The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented disruption to the world economy, affecting almost every sector of the industry. Among the most affected is the e-commerce industry, which has seen a significant surge in demand as more people turn to online shopping to avoid physical contact. With social distancing measures in place, brick-and-mortar stores have been forced to close or limit their operations, leading to a shift in consumer behavior and preferences.
As one of the leading e-commerce platforms, Shopify has been at the forefront of responding to the pandemic and supporting businesses to navigate the crisis. Here are some ways Shopify has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Offering extended free trials: Shopify has extended its free trial period from 14 to 90 days to help businesses get started with their online stores without having to worry about upfront costs.
- Providing financial assistance: Shopify has launched a $200 million fund to support small businesses affected by the pandemic. The fund offers interest-free loans and grants to eligible businesses to help them weather the crisis.
- Offering online resources and webinars: Shopify has created a COVID-19 resources page that provides businesses with information and tips on how to navigate the crisis. Additionally, the company has hosted webinars and online workshops to help businesses adapt to the new normal.
- Helping businesses go digital: Shopify has partnered with Facebook and Instagram to help businesses set up online storefronts and reach more customers through social media platforms.
- Providing contactless payment options: Shopify has introduced contactless payment options to help businesses facilitate safe and secure transactions while adhering to social distancing measures.
At Webyant, we understand the challenges that businesses are facing during this pandemic, and we are here to help. As a Shopify partner, we can assist you in setting up your online store, optimizing your e-commerce strategy, and leveraging the latest Shopify features to grow your business. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you navigate the new normal.